1956 B.F.Goodrich Schwinn Hornet
Benjamin Franklin Goodrich began manufacturing solid rubber bicycle tires in the 1880s. During the 1930s, Schwinn began selling bicycles through independent dealers, including the B.F. Goodrich auto store chain. Following World War II, about 25 percent of all Schwinn bicycles were being sold with B.F. Goodrich name badges through B.F. Goodrich stores. These were sold at a lower price than the equivalent Schwinn branded bike and B.F. Goodrich would not service them. Schwinn eliminated B.F. Goodrich as a dealer in 1960.
Return to Previous Page